New stuff, new week. This week, for keeps:
- Paper Girls #3 – Still so good. I love the colors of this and the story. I’m excited to see where it goes. “This wasn’t my fault, Tiffany!”
- We Can Never Go Home #5 – I read this last Wednesday when I brought home my copy of We Can Never Go Home vol. 1 (LCSD edition) I pretty much bought this just to have it. Anyway, when the volume comes out, if you’ve been sleeping on this book, pick it up.
- X’ed #1 – This was a bit of a rocky start, but based on the description I’m going to enjoy this book a lot. Subliminal hitmen. Ulterior motives.
And I borrowed:
- Extraordinary X-Men #3 – I somehow missed reading #2. Anyway, I’m mostly just impressed by Jeff Lemire’s time management skills. I won’t lie, it’s somehow…cute?
- All-New Inhumans #1 – I appreciate the shade that gets thrown at America and the entire cast.
- All-New X-Men #1 – Pickles?!!!! I may just keep reading this book for Pickles, who apparently is going to be playing a big role in the first arc.
- Spidey #1 – Euuugh enough with the hashtags already. That said, I appreciate the language being somewhat close to how teens speak today. But I still hate you, Peter Parker.
- Nova #2 – I only remember skimming #1, but Marvel’s trying to be all up in Bummer City for the holidays it seems. Not too terribly thrilled, but maybe it’s because I thought I remembered more of #1.
- Invincible Iron Man #4 – Honestly, I’ve not been reading this at all but I was intrigued by the cover, “Make way for Mary Jane.” Anyway, she is indeed in it and I am still convinced that Tony Start and RDJ are actually the same person.
- Guardians of Infinity #1 – I just really like Rocket Raccoon, okay?
- Daredevil #1 – Matt Murdock is ruthless and Foggy Nelson is still his long suffering bestie. Not too keen on the art.