I think it’s been a minute since I posted an Ipsy review. I’m pretty sure that I swore up and down that I was done come October’s bag. I’m pretty glad that I stayed on (read: forgot to cancel) though.
First impressions under the cut!
- SLMissGlam boutique blusher brush — I like how this brush looks (I’m becoming a sucker for pink brushes, though at some point I want to upgrade to a nice brush set.) And it’s super soft, but when I tested it using a Tarte Amazonian Clay blush, it couldn’t pick up enough product for anything more than a sheer wash of color.
- ModelCo highlighting trio in champagne, peach bellini and bronze — This is more on my level. I really like the champagne and peach bellini colors, but I tend to stay more matte when it comes to contour. That said, I hope that someone out there is finding use for the bronze shade, it looks like it could benefit those with darker skin, especially since the chamagne is bordering on too light even for my pasty skin.
- Smashbox Cosmetics full exposure mascara in jet black — Like usual, I love me some mascara samples. This one happens to be one of my favorites that I’ve actually considered buying in full size.
- Figs & Rouge mattifying emulsion & pore refiner — I like testing out primers, but with my already dry skin (it’s that time of year blech) and my penchant for dewy skin, this definitely isn’t for me. I’m not crazy about the fragrance and it promises a “velvety touch” which I didn’t experience.
- Absolute New York nano liner in black — I like my liner a touch thicker, but this liner is definitely great for doing little flicks if that’s what you’re into. I haven’t checked the longevity of the product but this liner is reasonably priced and I could see myself buying it again in the future to ensure I don’t stay into Winehouse territory.
- Ipsy the bag — Galaxy print is so few years ago. But I’m here for it. Space, man, space.
I think that taking the Ipsy personality quiz yet again has at least somewhat solidified what I’m getting in my bag. And I’ve been much more ruthless in my reviews of items that I don’t like. This bag wasn’t ***flawless by any means, but for the most part the items I received are more in line what I’m looking for out of my subscription.