I (not so) recently received an Influenster Glam VoxBox in the mail. I’m going to give honest reviews of everything below — but just a reminder I #gotitfree in exchange for honest reviews. All opinions within are my own. Continue reading
I’ve been theoretically obsessed with Gothic Romance novels for awhile now. The old, pulpy ones with the cool covers that usually feature women running from houses. Or castles. Or manors. Seriously check them out at this defunct blog.
I wanted to actually read one for awhile, and I stumbled on a few for 25 cents each at Goodwill, so obviously I needed to snag them. I read one of them The Laughing Ghost by Dorothy Eden and got instantly smitten. So I started perusing eBay and I found a lot of 22 books and I managed to win them for $30. Pretty great, right?
I’ll be reading these in between everything else that I’m reading and I’m going to try to start a little Women Running from Houses series of reviews here.
At this point I feel like everyone listens to podcasts, right? Okay, most of my friends IRL (the ones I don’t work with haven’t really gotten into them. And tend to roll their eyes when I swear that a certain podcast is right up their alley. But anyway…
My own obsession started with Welcome to Night Vale. I’ve since stopped listening – I fell behind during their holiday break in 2014, I think and just never started it back up. And then of course there was Serial. The podcast most of my office listened to. We’d listen at our desks Thursday mornings and then discuss during lunch. It was fantastic for bonding, really. Continue reading
This is incredibly belated. So far, 2016 has been filled with heaps and heaps of paperwork, post-holiday retail, waiting (+stress) and starting a new (old) job. I’m now a contractor at the same place I used to be, but in a different role. New things, ya’know?
Anyway, here are my goals for 2016:
- Read 50 books: Ideally at least 25 books that aren’t trades or graphic novels.
- Save more money: I’ve got a specific amount in mind, but the main point is that my savings account took a bit of a hit while on my contract’s “cooling off” period.
- Go to Longwood Gardens enough to “justify” my membership. I’m eagerly awaiting warmer weather.
- Regularly cull + cultivate: Like, everything. I’ve been doing pretty good with clothes pieces in to pieces out. Just now I have to do that with everything else.
- Meditate weekly: It’s not much, but it’s a start.
- Visit at least one new place: Near or far. Visiting Asheville and Iceland in 2015 re-awakened my travel bug for sure.
I didn’t create this recipe, my friend Genna did after some gentle prodding that went something like this:
“Genna, I really like Amy’s spicy chili but I feel like I can make a super big batch of it myself for cheaper. SOS send help!!!!” “I have a recipe, I’ll get it for you later.”
And then later I got a Facebook message saying that she couldn’t find her recipe so she recreated it to make sure she had gotten it right. It’s so good.